The KinderGarden Chef Andrea

Sunday 27 April 2014

Making apple crisp with the children today at church



Making apple crisp with the kids was fun! I love all their little comments!
Baking really is a good way to teach children about their senses.
I got them to smell the cinnamon, taste the apple, feel the oats and see what they can do with
just a few ingredients. I love hearing all of their little comments when baking with me! One child told me that he can lift a building up by himself because he is batman and the other little child tells told me that he has two sisters and he wanted to save some apple crisp for them, so generous and kind of him. I love how they share whatever is on their mind! I was very pleased with how they leveled the oats off with their finger when measuring. It's cute a little boy said"  I am glad I know how to make apple crisp now, so I can make it at home because I didn't know before" I sent them home with my recipe and I hope  their parents enjoy making it with their children has much as I did today!


 
 


Granny Smith’s Apple Crisp
Recipes  makes 9 portions                                
Ingredients  
4 granny smith apples, sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Stir well together apples, cinnamon, salt and water, place in a 9x9 greased pan.
Crumb Topping mix together butter, quick oats, and Brown Sugar .
brown sugar crumb topping on top of apples.
Bake  at 350°.  for 35-40 minutes











No comments:

Post a Comment