The KinderGarden Chef Andrea

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Working hard and being appreciated Priceless

Everyday I put my whole heart into my work, to make sure that the children and teachers are eating healthy meals every day three times a day. I care about the people I work with so much I have never been so appreciated at work than I am at cefa. Grocery shopping in the states for milk taking time out of my weekend to do the rest of the grocery shopping at Superstore. Finding  the best deals and the healthiest options for every one to enjoy isn't always easy but I do it because it gives me purpose. To  be able  feed the whole school all the while I get to be so creative and have everyone enjoy my cooking really makes me feel good. Cooking and making enough pancakes to feed 130 people and cleaning it all up just to get ready to prep lunch takes a lot of organization. Lunch is the biggest meal of all the cooking I do and I always do my best to feed everyone tasty and nutritious lunches, for example Chicken Stir fry , Potato Corn  Chowder, Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese. Once I have served lunch and cleaned it all up I prepare A healthy snack, Bran muffins Vegan Brownies, Hummus and pita and so on. Now that I have cooked everything and cleaned it all up I prepare for the next day. Although my job can be very tiring and wearing I can't think of a place I would rather work than were I work right now. I feed off all of the appreciation I receive  from my sweet little cefa friends  and the kind teachers. When there are those days when you feel to tired or overwhelmed there is always those special  moments we have to reflect on about how are day was, and for me it is when those children come and greet me at the door with all there little smiles I can't even put in to word how special they  all  are and how special they make me feel. When they are enjoying what I made and I hear  their little voice's  saying thank you Chef  for my lunch, my heart melts and that is were I find the strength  to keep working has hard as I do. Shopping for groceries cooking and cleaning it all up being appreciated for my efforts and all the kind words of gratitude and praise, priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment