The KinderGarden Chef Andrea

Sunday 18 January 2015

My famous veggie vegan brownies

These brownies have a very long story to them lol, one of the first memories of me making these was I think 4 years ago for this little boy who couldn't eat anything that wasn't vegan.  I found this recipe and did some alterations and made it my own. When this little boy tried this brownie he looked at his teacher and said, "Really I can eat this?" with such surprise because it tasted too good he thought for him to be able to eat it. lol. I have met some pretty special people in my life and sharing these brownies with them has been a wonderful way for me to express my heart to my friends and also to make new ones by sharing these brownies and the recipe to so many people. They are pretty good, I have to say so and really healthy too! Kayla is like me and I think like every other girl when it comes to having a sweet tooth and loving chocolate. I thought it would be fun to make these together for a healthy treat that is actually good for you.  We started grating our zucchini and carrots. Then we measured out the dry ingredients and the wet. We boiled some hot water to be poured over the dry ingredients to create the batter. With a spoon we stirred everything together until smooth and baked the brownies in a 9 x 13 dish that had been greased. The brownies got baked for 20 minutes. I like to cut them into squares and freeze them to have them ready when ever you like, just thaw it out 15 minutes before they are enjoyed.

Kayle, thank you for being so much fun to cook and bake with, you are truly gifted in so many ways!!Thank you Brayden as well! You are a very special boy with so many gifts just like your sister. Thank you Kate for allowing me to come and spend time with you and your amazing kids! You and your husband should be proud of your two polite kind, gifted children.














No comments:

Post a Comment