The KinderGarden Chef Andrea

Sunday 23 September 2012

Cooking with kids



I believe it is very important to let your children help you in the kitchen. Letting your children be more involved in cooking and baking gives them a sense of accomplishment and makes them feel  good about themselves. It is so important that children learn about nutrition and how to take care of themselves and others by cooking healthy meals. I am grateful to my mother who always let my sister and I help her in the kitchen, she is an amazing cook! I am also thankful for how she raised us on healthy foods so that we learned to like vegetables at an early age. My sister and see comfort food as being what our mom gave us growing up like bran muffins, cucumber buns, Beet soup and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. We love those foods now because we learned to like them very young. It is really good that kids get used to those foods from the very start. My sister is doing that now with my niece, she has  introduced her to a lot of variety of fruits and vegetables and other nutritious foods and my niece  loves them. I am trying very hard to add as much healthy ingredients to my baking and cooking for the children at the kindergarten I work for. I love adding grated carrot, zucchini, Quinoa, Flax and lots of fresh vegetables in wherever I can. I love vegetables and fruit!! I think the more you add to your baking and cooking the better! Not only are they so good for you but they bring such nice color to whatever you are making. If you are making salad I think it is fun to add  as much vegetables as possible for color flavor, texture and most of all so you and your family can be healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment