The KinderGarden Chef Andrea

Sunday 23 September 2012

Gluten Free Vegan Molasass Muffins





I am looking for lots of gluten free recipes so I can make them at the school I work for, so the children who have a gluten intolerance will have something that tastes and looks similar to what their friends are eating. I have been experimenting with being gluten free and I honestly feel so much better! I have been making this recipe for a good part of my life and I thought instead of looking for a new recipe just use the one you have and love, just change up the whole wheat four and use a gluten free , example, rice, spelt, tapioca four instead. I have also been looking for some good vegan baking recipes. In my muffin recipe I use one egg and milk, instead of using those ingredients I mashed up a banana, the banana acts like a binder instead of the egg. You can mix 1 Tbsp of ground flax as well with 1 tbsp of water, mix it around and it will have the same texture as an egg. For the milk I used almond milk to make it lactose free. You can use, coconut milk, rice milk whatever you like. I am really realizing how easy it is to make all of these allergy friendly baked goods. I baked these muffins yesterday and froze them for the week. I really enjoyed the muffin I hope you do as well!



Recipe;

2 cups spelt flour
1 cup oats
1/4 cup help hearts
2 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of baking powder
1 1/4 tsp of salt

mix dry ingredients in a bowl


2 cups almond milk or whatever dairy free milk you like
1 banana mashed up
1 cup of grated carrot
3/4 cup of molasass
2/3 cup of honey

Measure wet into a separate bowl

Add all together, stir until smooth and everything is well incorporated. Pour into muffin cups, bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I think these muffins are really good with peanut butter on top, but you can top it with whatever you like.

One thing is to remember baking doesn't always have to be done just the way a recipe says it has too. You can experiment and be creative, as long as you have a good base, you can add pretty much anything you want. Quinoa would be great  in these muffins. You could even make them with coco powder and make them chocolatey. I never used to like baking because I didn't like to follow a recipe but now I actually like it because I can add whatever I like to my baking and I can be as creative as I want and you can as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment