The KinderGarden Chef Andrea

Thursday 1 May 2014

German Borscht


Today making, borscht, took me back to my child hood. My mom always took us to to our Grandparents house for lunch and my Grandma would have a big pot of Borscht on the stove waiting for us. When I made this recipe today, I couldn't help but be comforted by the smell, as funny as it is the smell of cabbage and beets. It really is amazing how a simple meal can create such  wonderful memory






 Recipe
Next time your are cooking for someone always keep in mind you are creating a memory that my last a life time! Your recipe  doesn't have to be amazing for it to touch someone's heart, it's  the love you put into that warms the heart and tummy!

1 head of cabbage shredded
10 beets diced
2 onions diced
3 ribs of celery diced
1 can of diced tomatoes
10 potatoes diced
5 carrots diced

Add to a pot cover with water, season with salt and pepper.
Simmer on low for 1 hour until vegetables are soft.

Serve with sour cream and some whole wheat bread and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment